Well …. that was lovely.
Just got home from the first ever Winchester Skeptics of the Round Table, our new regular social meet up. Twelve beautiful, witty and irresistibly attractive skeptics (at least that is how I remember them) quaffed some delicious pints, sipped some wine and discussed various important subjects like:
- personal paths towards skepticism
- pros and cons of our new venue for talks, the Winchester Discovery Centre
- bungee jumping and skydiving
- the best excuses why some could not make it (Malcolm, world domination in a game of Risk is definitely more important – glad to see you have your priorities right)
- Sitp venue envy (a big shout-out to Cork Skeptics and their castle)
- RFB (ask a nurse with A&E experience to find out what that is)
- and many more
My only wish now: Let us do this again next month – 09 May is the day to mark in your calendars.
P.S.: In case you were wondering, the food at the Black Boy pub also was found to be highly enjoyable.